Welcome to our website !

Search This Blog

THOUGHTS OF A VISIONARY

Expression through words

THE CITY AT NIGHT

By 16:31


I existed in the still darkness at the back of the cab. My thoughts did not accompany me but they too were in darkness. As the vehicle intertwined the towering structures of the big city like a concrete labyrinth, I heard the sounds of moonlight sonata glide past my thoughts softening the harsh sights. We passed replicas of indistinguishable buildings that blurred in my mind into one stretched panorama. We had traveled far but it seemed time had frozen. I had the strangest notion of being in space, being motionless and alone, watching the earth from a distance. The frowned on drinking culture that littered every street became a moment of art and the intoxicated creatures belonging to it were no longer disturbing but intriguing visions as I knew they could not reach me. Looking out upon the chaotic disarray only made me feel more at peace, the same way you feel warmer in bed when rain droplets knock on your window outside. I had become a secluded voyeur of the nights secrets like the stars that hid behind the clouds .  This did not feel like my home anymore, it felt like London.





You Might Also Like

0 comments